Bamboo socks, circuit board, Shoe size: UK 7-11, Euro 41-47
Shoe size: UK 7-11, Euro 41-47
A Fair Trade version of this bestselling product!
Why is bamboo viscose great to wear?
– 40% more moisture absorbent than cotton
– breathable fabric that keeps feet fresh and dry
– naturally anti-bacterial
– durable and stronger than cotton
– hypo allergenic
Why Bamboo and not cotton?
– bamboo grows without the need for fertilisers or pesticides.
– naturally requires less water (a third of the water required to grow cotton), farmers don’t need to irrigate their crop, saving water in a country where water shortages are a big problem.
– bamboo yields are ten times higher per hectare than cotton and the plant rarely needs replanting, sprouting on its own.
– bamboo yarns require less dye than cotton and keep their colour for longer.
Yarn: 75% bamboo viscose, 22% polyamide, 3% elastine
Made in India
The bamboo is processed into yarn in Rajasthan, then transported and made into socks in Tamil Nadu. The sock factory is in Perundhurai, a rural district of Tamil Nadu. 17 workers are employed, 6 men and 11 women, with both sexes in positions of management and they earn about 48% above the minimum wage. They follow clear fair trade principles in their production. They don’t have any child labour and the staff are valued and included in decision making processes.
Out of stock